Saturday, March 1, 2008

Book Tag

From Holly:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find sentences 5,6, and 7, and post them.
4. Tag five people.

"But the Coordinator for the Improvement of the Status of Women reported to the General Assembly in 1987 that women from Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa comprised a far smaller proportion of the officials from those regions than was equitable. Whereas 31.0 per cent of all geographically appointed officials from Asian and Pacific countries were women, only 5.4 per cent of all geographically appointed officials from Eastern Europe were women. Second, those Eastern European, Middle Eastern and African women who where appointed were most likely to fill service and administration posts, not posts responsible for technical projects or with policy-making authority."

This excerpt is from a book I just bought, "Bananas, Beaches and Bases: Making Feminist Sense of International Politics." So far it is a fantastic book, but I am only a little way in, and yes I am reading it for fun.

I tag- Liz, Liz, Catherine, and Kip


By the way, is this exercise supposed to say something deep and meaningful about me as a person, or is it to show that three sentences taken from the middle of a book can give a good representation of that book? I am just wondering.

1 comment:

Yomama said...

Hiya, Chrys! Beautiful girl you've got there, and you seem to be enjoying her - and life. I'm glad. I'm commenting here, because I think - and hope - that the book tag is nothing more or less than a satisfaction of curiosity about what people are reading, and whether or not it's recognizable from a few sentences. If you were reading a book of Shakespeare, for instance, many would recognize it from just those few lines. But yours being obscure, it's just fun to see what you are reading. I sure hope it's not any kind of psychological probe... ;-}
Love you, Auntie Karla